Aviation Weather On Your Cell Phone!
AvWx.net delivers up-to-the-minute aviation weather information when and where you need it. See NEXRAD radar maps centered on the airports you fly from. Get current infrared satellite images, TAFs, Winds Aloft maps and easy-to-read decoded METARS. Subscriptions start at only $5 per month.
- Radar Maps and Animations
- See an animated NEXRAD of the last hour’s weather activity centered on any airport in the lower 48 states.
- Get zoomable static NEXRAD radar maps, updated every 10 minutes, centered on any airport in the lower 48 states, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. There’s NEXRAD coverage for some Canadian airports and parts of Alaska as well.
- Satellite Images Worldwide
- You can see an infrared satellite image centered on more than 95% of the airports on the planet.
- METARs and TAFs
- are available for more than 6000 locations world-wide. And AvWx.net even shows you METARs in plain English if you like.
- Airport Information
- AvWx.net includes VHF radio frequencies, FBO, fuel and service listings, car rental and taxi cab quick-dial links for thousands of US airports.
- FSS Local Number Lookup
- When you call 1–800-WXBRIEF it uses your telephone number to decide which Flight Service Station you should talk to. When you’re away from home, that means your cell phone doesn’t necessarily connect you to the closest FSS. With AvWx.net, the local number for any airport’s nearest FSS is just a click away.
- Airport Search
- Can’t remember the airport designator? No problem! AvWx.net lets you search by airport name, by state, and for airports outside the US, by country.
- Real Time Wx
- METARs can be up to an hour old. AvWx.net’s quick-dial links to the phone numbers of AWOS and ASOS systems at more than 1500 US airports let you listen to current weather conditions now.
- Compare the ASOS or AWOS to the last METAR for an instant analysis of up-to-the-minute weather trends. More than 300 of these ASOS and AWOS systems operate without an assigned radio frequency, so dialing-in is the only way to hear them. AvWx.net also has quick-dial links to to all of the ATIS systems at US airports that have a dial-in number.